When you search the market for remodeled homes, what can you do to distinguish a spectacular flip from a spectacular flop?
The first thing you need to do is order a home inspection from an experienced expert, but, after that, there are five main factors to consider:
1. Are the major systems in working order? If the hot water heater, air conditioning, and other basic systems and appliances are all in good shape, this bodes well for the rest of the house.
2. Does the kitchen look good? Kitchen remodels are not an easy task. Therefore, it’s a good idea to ensure you’re happy with the room as it is before you make the move to buy.
3. Was attention paid to the details in the bathroom? Similarly to kitchen remodels, bathroom remodels can make or break a home. Beautiful countertops and freshly painted walls are great, but you should also pay attention to fine details, like whether the areas around showers or tubs have been properly caulked.
4. Is the flooring level and well done? What is the home’s flooring made of, and was it installed properly? These kinds of questions are of critical importance as you consider a remodeled home.
5. Are the finishes pristine? The devil’s in the details. A truly spectacular home will look just as good up close as it does while standing back.
If you have any other questions or would like more information, feel free to give us a call or send us an email. We look forward to hearing from you soon.